This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

This is a note for anyone who needs encouragement and doesn’t realize just how hard they are trying and how much they are doing. You are taking in-person classes, trying to make new friends, attending club meetings in person, and have so many commitments. You over-extend yourself to stay busy, skimp on sleep, have no free time, and feel exhausted most of the time, and yet in many ways, you love it. Your happiness matters just as much as any of these other things. Your mental health should be a priority and so much of the time it isn’t. This week, please just show up for yourself a little more and give yourself some grace. We spend so much time ruminating, worrying if we said or did the wrong thing, thinking that others don’t like us, and dwelling on our small and insignificant mistakes when we should be celebrating our small victories. Getting out of bed early and eating a good breakfast is a big deal, and so is getting through the day and taking a second to appreciate an interesting class. Right now is a hard, overwhelming and scary time, but you are doing the very best you can and that is enough. In this exact moment, you are doing what you can and you are enough just as you are. Knowing that means something.

Lisa Green

Lafayette '24

Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm a freshman at Lafayette. I'm interested in theater, politics, cooking and more!