This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

It is almost time for Winter Break, which means Christmas is upon us! Get your hot chocolate ready, put on your coziest pajamas, and break out those fuzzy socks because these are my favorite and must-watch Christmas movies.

1. The Family Stone

My favorite Christmas movie of all time! It tells the story of grown-up children returning home for the holidays, and chaos ensues. A mix of a dry love life, a problematic girlfriend, and the struggles of growing up, this movie is one of the best for a good laugh and a good cry. Most likely, you will spend time with your friends or family comparing yourself to one of the characters. Available on Peacock. 

1. The Santa Clause

An absolute classic, this movie is one of the best, and there is nothing better than a little bit of magic and belief to make you feel like you are a kid again. Tim Allen is hysterical, and you can always follow it up with The Santa Clause 2 and The Santa Clause 3. Available on Disney+.

1. Love Actually 

This rom-com follows the love stories of almost a dozen couples throughout the holiday season and has quickly become part of my classic collection of Christmas movies. Available on Amazon. 

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas

The age-old question: is it a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie? In my opinion, it is both. Jack Skellington, king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town and attempts to bring Christmas home. Tim Burton’s stop-motion animated movie is amazing. Available on Disney+. 

1. Holidate 

A class feel-good rom-com, Holidate offers all the cheesiness you want from a Netflix original during the holiday season. Fed up with being single on holidays, two strangers agree to be each other’s platonic plus-ones all year long. Available on Netflix.

While the next few weeks will be incredibly busy, watching a holiday movie with friends or family is guaranteed to de-stress and remind you of what is really important. 

Alexa Sadowski

Lafayette '24

Freshman at Lafayette majoring in Economics and Policy Studies.