Style

Insider Tips: Where To Buy Sneakers This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

The versatility of sneakers makes them an essential everyday staple all year long. From athletic sneakers to fashion sneakers and everything in between, you can wear sneakers for almost every event. There are countless hacks to save on sneakers so you can afford a greater variety.

Athletic Sneakers

Two great brands to buy athletic sneakers from are the popular Nike and Adidas. They offer everything from sport-specific sneakers to simple, but cute ones to wear to the gym. You’ve probably bought pairs from these stores before, but there are several ways to get their shoes for a lower price. If you’re a Women’s size 8.5 or under, you can find less expensive, sometimes identical, sneakers in the Nike kid’s section (which goes up to a size 7 Youth). The Adidas’s kid section similarly goes up to a kid’s 6.5, equivalent to a Women’s 8. If you’re looking for a specific pair of sneakers, searching online can help you find out whether another retailer has a reduced price on the same shoes. Discount stores, like DSW, and athletic stores, like Dick’s Sporting Goods, often offer better prices than a brand’s website. 

Fashion Sneakers

Sneakers aren’t just for working out. Casual sneakers are a great way to express your personal style and lots are trending right now. Where you buy them definitely depends on your style, but many discount stores offer a variety of sneakers with something for everyone. Shoes.com shows you how much you’re saving on their website. Platform sneakers are super in right now and this website currently has both Superga and Converse platform sneakers on sale. If you want a pair of fashionable sneakers that you can get dirty, I recommend Nasty Gal’s shoe section online. They offer a large variety of inexpensive, but trendy, sneakers that you won’t mind ruining when you’re going out. Plus, they have a 55% student discount. Taking a trip to your local Marshall’s or TJMaax is another easy way to find sneakers for reduced prices.

Eco-Friendly Options

For those interested in sustainable options, a ton of brands now offer sneakers made with recycled materials. Converse Renew, Veja, and Allbirds are worth checking out if you’re seeking environmentally-friendly shoes. Purchasing eco-friendly sneakers is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint.

There are lots of easy hacks to save money and the planet while sneaker shopping. These tips can help you complete your shoe wardrobe for this fall.

Lastly, pro tip: Buy Nike AF1s for $75 on Nike’s Big Kids’ section here!  

Anna Kurkjy

Lafayette '22

Chemical Engineering major who LOVES writing! (plot twist?)
Huge bagels and Soundcloud enthusiast.