element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I Tried Skillman’s Holiday Specials For A Week, Here’s What I Think

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Now that it’s no longer Spooky season, it’s time to surrender your Pumpkin Spice Lattes for something more winter-appropriate, at least according to Starbucks. Wonder what options you have this season if you want something sweet to sip on while doing homework in Skillman cafe? I drank and rated each of the new flavors to find out! Here’s what I think and how I rate them:

1. Hot Peppermint Mocha

I’m really picky when it comes to peppermint-flavored things because I don’t want it to taste like toothpaste! The first sip of this coffee was so refreshing. It had chocolatey froth on the top with a minty taste. It was basically like drinking a candy cane dunked in hot chocolate. It came with little chocolate chips floating on the surface which made it even more enjoyable. 

Rate: 8/10

2. Hot Caramel Brulee Latte

My usual go-to latte is the Caramel Latte, and this holiday version of the caramel drink wasn’t very different. However, it has crunchy caramel pieces on top. It is more of a subtle and traditional taste for when you’re not in the mood for that kick of the peppermint. 

Rate: 6/10

3. Iced Peppermint Mocha 

All of the new holiday flavors are advertised as being hot, so you may not realize you also have the option to change any of them into an iced drink too! That being said, I thought I should give one of the iced options a shot (although having a warm drink this time of year is definitely more comforting). I tried the Iced Peppermint Mocha and loved it! It was quite aesthetically pleasing with the chocolate chips sitting on top of whipped cream and chocolate syrup concentrated on the bottom. 

Rate: 7/10

4. Hot Toasted White Mocha

This coffee was definitely the cutest in looks, sporting little white chocolate pearls and pink sprinkles on top of the whipped cream. For those of you who want your coffee to taste like a dessert, I would recommend this white mocha. It’s sure to give you that warm and fuzzy winter feeling!

Rate: 9/10

I hope this helped you decide which of Starbucks’ lovely holiday options is best for you to choose from! Now go enjoy them all before it’s too late!

known to be caught eating quesadillas twice a day and having ice cream sandwich cravings :)
Huge bagels and Soundcloud enthusiast.