This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Sadly, finals season is upon us. These next few weeks can be a busy and stressful time for everyone, but it doesn’t have to be that way 24/7. Here are a few ways that I like to manage my stress and balance my time.

1. Make a schedule

Roughly plan out your day or week so that you aren’t cramming the day before the test! I am the queen of procrastination, so forcing myself to actually sit down and do work for a set amount of time really helps. (Pro Tip: put your phone on airplane mode while studying to minimize distractions)

1. Make time for yourself

Make sure that you spend some time each day doing something that you enjoy. Whether that be spending time with friends, binging on Netflix, or even taking a nap, it is important to not fry your brain and to let off some steam in between studying.

1. Sleep

If there is anything that could mess up your sleep schedule, it’s an all-nighter. Trust me, when it comes down to it, sleep is way more important than cramming for that test. 

1. Fuel your body

Do not skip meals! Food is fuel for your brain, and some foods have even been proven to improve brain function, including eggs, nuts, whole grains, and avocado. 

1. Have an outlet

Everybody is different when it comes to relieving stress. But everyone needs an outlet, whether that be working out, spending time outdoors, meditation, or venting to a friend. Find out what works for you!

1. Be kind to yourself

Cut yourself some slack; you are amazing, and sometimes your brain needs a reminder of that. :) 

Happy studying, and remember: it’s just a test, it won’t ruin your life.

Adeline Wagner

Lafayette '25

Freshman at Lafayette College, loves all things food and fun :)