This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

It’s finally the midpoint of the semester, and it’s been super hectic so far. College is draining, socially and mentally, so it’s important for students to take this week to relax, debrief, and reset so that we can charge on for the second half of the semester. Today, I’m going to share with you some of the ways I plan to reset over the next week so I can come back ready to go.

1. Spending time with my family: Of course, spring break is a great time to be able to go home and see your family after the 7 weeks of being away. This upcoming week, I plan on spending as much time with my younger sisters as possible. It always makes me feel better being able to spend time with them, by playing video games and watching TV together. It helps to feel a little more like a kid again, and helps me have a break from all of the responsibilities I have here on campus. 
  1. Spending time with my cats: Who doesn’t love some animal therapy? At my house, my family has 4 cats, and yes, it’s okay for you to call me a crazy cat lady. In all seriousness though, pets are one of the best things in life, you feel so much love and happiness when you are around them. So, this break I plan on spending so much time playing with and just laying around with my cats. It’s extremely therapeutic!
  1. Playing games on my switch: Growing up, my family has always been big on video games, specifically Nintendo games. My sisters and I are constantly playing against each other in Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Super Smash Bros. I am also a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda, and could play any Zelda game for hours on end, and of course, Animal Crossing. Being at school for weeks on end without access to any of my games is pretty tough for me, so getting to go home for a week is super exciting. Also, being able to go home and just play around on the switch will give me another chance to step away from all of my responsibilities on campus and just relax and have fun. 
  1. Exercising with the Peloton: This winter break, my parents bought a Peloton for the house. Sometimes, it would be hard for me to get to the gym with the winter weather during that break, so the Peloton was a great option for me. I’m super excited to go home and be able to use it a bit again, as working out is always a great way to relieve stress, and I don’t always have the time to go here on campus. Also, the workouts and instructors on the Peloton are extremely motivating, so just being able to listen to them again will be great for resetting my mindset for the rest of the semester.

It is so important to take some time for yourself over break. Hopefully, you will be able to see some of my plans for resetting over break and use some of them for yourself. I’m wishing everyone a happy and super relaxing spring break!!

Riley Fawcett

Lafayette '24

Hi! My name is Riley Fawcett, I'm a junior here at Lafayette majoring in math!