Garlic Fest 2019: What You Need To Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

It is fall which means that it is also time for Garlic Fest! If you have been on campus this time of year, I’m sure you know all about it and the fun things you can find if you make your way downtown. Join the thousands of people who flood Downtown Easton (and their dogs)! If you are new here, then welcome and prepare for All The Garlic. 

First of all, Easton is a town made for people who like food. With so many amazing restaurants nearby, sometimes your bank account can take a dip. Easton hosts various food festivals around the year, but the two biggest include Garlic Fest and Bacon Fest. This year, Garlic fest is on October 5th and 6th, which is wonderful because in previous years it has fallen on fall break. If you are around then, I highly recommend attending. 

The admission to the festival is FREE! It’s amazing. There are two additional bonus features that are ticketed, but some of the events include Gastric Garlic People’s Choice Contest, Dangerous Dessert Contest, Farm-to-Table Iron Chef Cook-Off, and the First Responders Cook-Off. There will be live music, over 60 vendors, food galore (with garlic as the main ingredient) and a beer tent. 

There are stalls all over selling wares, and some of your favorite restaurants selling some of their classics, as well as some garlic-filled specials. Be sure to try the garlic ice cream! Last year there were events on how to cook garlic, a slime station for kids to play at, and composting stations for food scraps.

The two ticketed events include the Gastric Garlic People’s Choice Contest ($10) on Saturday and Dangerous Desserts People’s Choice Contest ($8) on Sunday. The two contests allow attendees to judge the best garlic themed dishes and desserts from local restaurants and vote for the best one! It’s always a lot of fun and you get to try so many items!

This year, live music will be performed by the School of Rock where students, teachers, and families of Lehigh Valley school districts perform. There will also be a Sizzlin’ Hot Latin Quarter Music Stage, a stage at South 3rd Street Beer Garden, and a special Sunday performance by Patrick Poladian. 

Be sure to stop by and see everything for yourself, and live by the Garlic Fest Motto “Eat, Drink, Stink!”

Emily Cotter

Lafayette '21

Emily is a junior at Lafayette College majoring in Chemical Engineering. She is a founding member of Her Campus Lafayette.
Huge bagels and Soundcloud enthusiast.