Events on Campus for the Inauguration of President Hurd

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

This week, the Lafayette community is celebrating the inauguration of our 18th President, Nicole Farmer Hurd. Here is what to look forwards to:

Thursday, Sept. 30: Community Focus

All Day Lehigh Valley United Way Day of Service Register for a volunteer opportunity.

Friday, OCT. 1: Inauguration Day

10 a.m. Hospitality tent opens
The Quad
Noon Inaugural Luncheon (by invitation)
Tent, March Field
At this gathering members of the Lafayette College Board of Trustees and President Nicole Farmer Hurd welcome key delegates and Inauguration guests to the Lafayette College campus.
2:00 p.m. Stop by the Hospitality Tent to take an architectural tour, Admissions tour (both starting at 2pm), or visit the Special Collections, Lafayette Leadership through the Years, in Skillman Library.
3:00 p.m. Robing for delegates and other participants in the Academic Processions
Markle Hall
3:30 p.m. Live broadcast begins
3:45 p.m. Academic Procession
The Quad (Rain site: Kamine Gym)
4 p.m. Inaugural Convocation
The Quad (Rain site: Kamine Gym)
The Inauguration Convocation marks an inspiring new chapter in the proud history of Lafayette College. At this ceremonial gathering, Lafayette alumni, faculty, and staff, along with delegates from our nation’s top colleges and universities, will gather to welcome our 18th President. Watch the live broadcast.
5:30 p.m. President’s Reception (all are welcome)
The Quad (Rain site: Kamine Gym)
This informal reception will take place on the Quad immediately following the Inauguration Convocation. Light refreshments will be served.

Don’t miss out on the fun this Thursday and Friday!