Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 30 micheile henderson lZ 4nPFKcV8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Easy Ways to Save and Make Money in College!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

We’ve all been there, saying we’re a “broke college student.” And let’s admit it, those tiny expenses add up over the semester and you come home with $1.82 left in your bank account. Here are some ways to save and earn a little extra cash over the semester and get you out of the “broke college kid” rut.

Get a Job on Campus

If you’re not drowning in academics, athletics, or extracurriculars, getting a part-time job on your campus can help guarantee a paycheck biweekly, and most job opportunities are super flexible with their schedules since most workers are college students. These jobs can be put on your resume and build hard-working characteristics in the long run.

Get Cash Back Shopping

We all go shopping. It’s where a majority of free time is spent on laptops in addition to grocery shopping. Well good news, there are phone apps and laptop software that give you cashback just for shopping at popular places like Target, Amazon, Nike, and so many more. Ibotta is an app designed to give cashback on everyday purchases at hundreds of retailers, and it’s as simple as scanning your receipt at the end. Honey is computer software that searches the web for discount codes commonly used on the site you are shopping on and automatically applies and tests all of them out to get you the best deal. If you’re already shopping, why not be making some money back at the same time?

Surveys

Free time consists of YouTube, Netflix, shopping online, and eating for most students. Why not be sitting on your laptop and taking surveys to earn some extra cash? OneOpinion is an online website where you create an account and get to take varied surveys (up to 5 disqualifications per day) and earn real cash that can be redeemed at 25,000 points ($25) for Amazon, Starbucks, Home Depot, and Visa Gift Cards, and PayPal direct deposits as well. It’s simple and can earn you $25 per month…that’s about five trips to Starbucks!

From getting a job on campus to budgeting to prioritizing your time a little bit differently, earning and saving a little extra money throughout the semester isn’t that difficult with the right resources!

Alexa Cooke

Lafayette '21

Lafayette College '21 NCAA Women's Tennis
Huge bagels and Soundcloud enthusiast.