This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Have you been avoiding doing your homework, laundry or other responsibilities? If you haven’t I am seriously impressed. For the rest of us who are not on top of our work or lives, here are some shows to watch while we pretend to be folding laundry or memorizing equations. The best shows for avoiding homework, laundry and other responsibilities are: Gossip Girl IMDb rating: 7.4/10 Genre: drama Set in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, the elite children live their elaborate lives we wish we had in high school. Everyone dates everyone in this small circle of friends and they have the amplified version of the drama we thought we might experience in high school. The fashion is out of date due to the show being filmed from 2007-2012, but still stunning. Gilmore Girls IMDb rating: 8.1/10 Genre: comedy/drama Set in small town Connecticut, a mother-daughter duo deal with dating new boys and moving to a private school outside the small town. After estranged and posh grandparents come into the picture for Rory, she begins exploring a life she did not think she would ever have. This show is timeless and could possibly make you miss your mum. Scandal IMDb rating: 7.8/10 Genre: Drama Set in Washington DC, Olivia Pope, runs a crisis management firm that goes off the book in order to hide scandals for the businessmen and politicians in the area. Olivia has a close relationship with the President, leading her to cover up her own secrets from the public. How to Get Away with Murder IMDb rating: 8.2/10 Genre: Drama A brilliant criminal defense lawyer and professor takes students as interns into her own practice while getting involved in a murder that changes their lives and binds them together forever. The show is set with flashbacks so that you get glimpses of what is to come, only making it more addicting.

Have to be “responsible”? Here are Netflix shows you can half-heartedly watch and still feel like you are not succumbing to the relentless amount of homework your professors have been assigning you:

Friends

IMDb: 8.9/10

Genre: comedy

This is great to watch as we all know that Ross and Rachel date, the infamous couple, fight, breakup and date again, and again. If you do not know who Ross and Rachel are, maybe this show should be a binge watch. Most of us all know these episodes inside and out, so they are perfect for watching while doing homework you’ve been avoiding.

The Office (USA)

IMDb: 8.8/10

Genre: comedy

If you do not laugh while watching this show, I am not sure if you have a sense of humor. The office touches on strange characters and stereotypical types of people you are likely to encounter at your typical desk, nine to five, job. A feel-good show made by comedy geniuses will definitely make folding your clothes or doing your math problems more enjoyable.

New Girl

IMDb: 7.7/10

Genre: comedy

The goofiest people going through their twenties all living in one apartment. Jess moves into an apartment with three single guys, all who have different quirks leading to interesting arguments and interactions.. A relaxing show to watch which makes it ideal for watching while working, especially of this is not your first time watching it. Interested in watching something new before it becomes a household name that everyone has seen? Here are some insights into shows you may have heard of but may not have seen.

Atypical IMDb: 8.3/10

Genre: Comedy, Drama

A show about a boy, with high functioning autism, and his family navigating Sam’s world of dating at the end of highschool. The trailer might bring you to tears while wanting you to join this fictional family on this new ride of dating for the entire family. Not everyone will be affected by Autism, however, everyone understands the difficulties and challenges that come with being a highschool student and navigating the dating world for the first time.

The End of The F***ing World

IMDb: 8.2/10

Genre: Adventure, comedy, Drama

Set in suburban England, two seventeen year olds embark on a journey. One, James is sure he is a psychopath, grew up killing animals with no remorse and when he meets moody and outgoing Alyssa, he sets on a mission. Both are on a journey hitchhiking to find Alyssa’s biological father, but James is out to explore his psychopath desires.

Riverdale

IMDb: 7.6/10

Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery

Archie and his friends in the small town of Riverdale nose into things that are hidden from them, leading them into situations finding themselves in lots of trouble. Set in modern day America with retro 1950s aspects, the drama underneath the surface of the seemingly perfect town Riverdale starts to boil.

Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette