This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

With a new semester comes new motivation! So get out your Google calendar and planner, and let’s get ready to study! 

Simon Center of Economics Lobby 

This one might be biased because I spend most of my time in this building. But I love the lobby at Simon Center. It’s quiet and comfortable. You can choose to work at the tables or the couches, and it’s a great place to study with friends. If you are an economics student, you are also guaranteed to run into one of your favorite professors. 

Skillman Booths 

The coveted booths in the basement of Skillman are my favorite place ever! In fact, I would wake up at seven in the morning during finals to secure a booth for my five-hour study sessions. There are only two, but they are so big and comfortable. There are also whiteboards to write your to-do list or work out a hard problem. 

Mojo 

If you prefer to work with a lot of background noise, Mojo is the place to be. If you sit there for a while, you’ll notice that the noise comes in big waves, but it’s a great place to run into some friends and also enjoy a treat or coffee when you study! 

Your Bed 

When all else fails, and it’s cold and snowing you do not want to leave the comfort of your own bed. I highly suggest a back pillow and a lap desk if this is your style. 

Whatever your favorite place to study is, start this semester strong! Study with friends and by yourself. Study in new places and your old favorites. Good luck getting back into the groove, this semester is going to be great! 

Alexa Sadowski

Lafayette '24

Freshman at Lafayette majoring in Economics and Policy Studies.