A Beginner’s Guide to Spring Break 2019 Destinations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

The countdown to spring break has begun, and if you and your friends have been scrambling to book a destination before the clock strikes March, you’re in luck. While we’re all very much tired of the usual “Spring Break Dream Destinations,” here’s a list of unexpected, attainable, and adventurous spring break 2019 travel destinations for you and your friends to experience (instagram goals included).

West Coast, Best Coast

1. Carmel-by-the-Sea, California

Besides enjoying the vibe that California comes equipped with, Carmel-by-the-Sea is specifically the go-to spring break destination in California for 2019. With its white, sandy beaches, opportunities to scuba dive, shopping villages, long drives along the Pacific Coast, and GourmetFest (an entire festival dedicated to various foods and dishes), Carmel-by-the-Sea is the newest “it” place to travel this year.

Skiing/Kayaking/Hiking

1. Killington, Vermont

1. Lake Louise, Canada

If you’ve found that you and your friends are the more outdoorsy-adventure-type, Canada and Vermont are the way to go. While surf and sand may be lacking in abundance here, hiking, skiing, and kayaking are plenty. Lake Louise itself is filled with opportunities to do all three of the outdoor activities mentioned previously, while Killington is equipped with some of the best slopes to ski.

Sun and Sand

1. Bermuda

1. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Bermuda and Ft. Lauderdale are both places to go if you’re looking for a tan, a sunny Instagram feed, and a super fun nightlife. Bermuda comes equipped with pink sand beaches, crystal caves to explore, and an abundance of clubs on the beach for when you’re over sailing along the coast. Likewise, Ft. Lauderdale has an abundance of sandy beaches, an oceanside promenade with upscale restaurants and plenty opportunities to shop), and boating canals. And not to mention, cheap flights!

St. Patrick’s Day Destinations

1. Montreal, Canada

1. Dublin, Ireland

While both Dublin and Montreal are known to be top ten Saint Patrick’s Day destinations, the fun doesn’t have to end once Saint Patrick’s Day does. Montreal is known for its nightlife and its abundance of restaurants, cafes, museums, and its “Underground City”, filled with shops connecting metro stations. Similar to Montreal’s abundance of food destinations and nightlife opportunities, Dublin comes equipped with the city vibrance associated with Trinity College and tours of the Guinness Storehouse.

With Spring Break 2019™ a month away, take this beginner’s guide advice for the best places to book this year and you’ll be one step closer to making the most memorable week with you and your friends.

Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette