lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Winter Date Ideas by a Hopeless Romantic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Sure, going to movies and out to restaurants is nice and can be tons of fun, but it’s super easy to get creative with dates during the winter. I’ll admit, I am a hopeless romantic, and my boyfriend can agree that I love cheesy and cute dates. So here are five date ideas you and your date can enjoy this holiday season.

1. Go Ice Skating: Beginner or advanced, this can be a super fun time with your date (and can make for a really cool Instagram boomerang). Then after you’ve had your fun, you can go inside and cuddle up with a hot chocolate.

2. Make S’mores: If your house has a fireplace, indoors or outdoors, I highly recommend buying graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, and other toppings of your choice, and having a relaxing night roasting some marshmallows with your date.

3. Zoo Lights: Without a doubt, I think Zoo Lights can be one of the most romantic things to do with your date in the winter! If your city zoo does this event, there’s no question that this should be somewhere you attend with your date. You may not get to see the animals, but walking around the zoo decorated with all different lights and light shows can be such a fun evening together.

4. Have a Gingerbread House Decorating Contest: One, you get be artsy. Two, playful competition is always fun. Three, after you take pictures, you can eat it. Enough said.

5. Drive-In Movie Night: Sure, laying on the couch and watching a movie is great, but what about putting the seats down in your car, filling it with pillows, blankets, and snacks, and going to a drive-in movie theatre? From decorating the car, to the drive, to watching the movie, it’s an all around great night!

So there you have it. Get creative and get festive with you dates this winter and have fun! You already know I’ll be taking my boyfriend on all of these dates, so you should too!

Alexa Cooke

Lafayette '21

Lafayette College '21 NCAA Women's Tennis