5 Things To Do if You Haven’t Made Plans for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

We all know making plans with friends can be hard. Coordinating months in advance for breaks can be even harder. If you don’t have plans yet, no need to worry. You still have plenty of time to organize something. Here’s some inspo for all you still trying to make plans.

1. Visit a friend

Whether it be your high school bestie or an old friend, find out their break schedule and try to swing by their college or university. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, try to visit a friend who is abroad. 

2. Go skiing

March is a great time to go out and hit the slopes. You can get late-season powder and warm weather all in one trip. It doesn’t have to be a grand adventure, it can be a day trip to your local mountain. That being said, it also can be a grand adventure. Colorado and Vermont are just a plane ride or a car ride away. Do some research, find a cool mountain, and go for it. 

3. Hit up Grandma

If you’re one of those people with grandparents that retired and moved to Florida, hit them up. You know they won’t say no and they will love having you there.

4. Go outside

The longer I’ve been at college the more I’ve noticed that I don’t go outside as much as I would like to. Spring break is a perfect opportunity to catch up on some missed outdoors time. You could go camping, hiking, backpacking, or even just go for a walk with your mom.

5. Take a trip to a city

No matter what time of year, going to a city is never a bad idea. You know there’s always something to do: shows to watch, museums to explore, and plenty of shops. Book a hotel room or get an Airbnb for a couple of days and just enjoy the city life. Whether it be Boston, NewYork, Chicago, text a couple of friends and plan an adventurous weekend.   

I hope you found some inspiration for spring break 2020. Just remember, the worst-case scenario is staying home and hanging out with your family. You can see your parents, catch up on sleep, and raid the pantry to your heart’s content. Enjoy the time off from classes however you choose.

Meghan Gillis

Lafayette '23

;) @meghan.gillis on ig