Which Avengers Characters will Die in Infinity War?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Avengers: Infinity War is a film ten years in the making. With that, there’s a promise that this will be the big event that has been built up for the past decade. And with that, heroes will fall. It’s hard to tell if any deaths that may occur, if any, will be permanent due to the fact that Avengers 4 is released next year immediately following the events of Infinity War. But let’s say before something that involves time travel occurs, that these characters could bite the dust. 

Okoye

Okoye is a warrior who is willing to die for her King and for Wakanda and what better way to exit the MCU than to give her life fighting for the survival of Wakanda and the world itself. 

Vision

Vision has the mind stone. Thanos needs the mind stone to release the full power of the Infinity Gauntlet. As much as the warriors of Wakanda, Cap, and company can try to protect him, it just doesn’t seem too likely that Vision sees the light of day.

Loki

Loki’s time is up. It seems as if he will sacrifice himself to save Thor and ultimately fall victim to Thanos’s cold message of domination and power. How fitting would it be that when Loki finally commits an act of good to save his brother that it will result in his death. This time, death may be permanent. R.I.P Loki. 

Thor

Thor is given the most screen time in the film as addressed by the Russo brothers. Given this information, it’s safe to say that the God of Thunder will meet his end possibly soon at the hands of Thanos. 

Captain America

Although he has shot scenes for Avengers 4, the fate of Steve Rogers in current day doesn’t seem all too likely. Unless it’s Vision who can somehow manipulate himself into looking like Steve Rogers or even Loki doing so, Rogers could meet his end fighting until the end of the line. 

Tony Stark/Iron Man

Tony Stark is the man who started it all. And through his leadership and experience of running the Avengers, he’s made some great choices but at the same time, some awful ones. It’s about time that Tony Stark sacrifices himself for the greater good, leading to the ultimate redemption for himself and the many lives lost that he still feels responsible for. There’s a great quote from Tony in Civil War where he asks, “Isn’t this why we fight? So we can end the fight and go home?” Tony can finally commit this act and end the fight against Thanos. 

I love reading, writing and especially watching films :) Movies and writing about them inspire to dream beyond reality :)
Much like the Disney character, I don't let society define who I am & I always do what I think is right. Communications/Public Relations major, Class of 2019 at the University of La Verne. I aspire to learn from the best to better serve the world we live in by creating clear messages for the public.