etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

ULV Fashion: Dressing for themed parties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

There are few phrases that bring pure excitement to mind and one of them is: themed party. This spring break, no matter the occasion, dress up to the fullest for any themed party or event. Whether skating with your sorority sisters or going out on a Saturday night you should wear an outfit that serves not only as a conversation starter but also a confidence booster. 

One theme that never fails to be brought out at least once a semester is flashback to the 80s. Whipping out neon leggings and leotards is not only comfortable, but is also an awesome way to get some conversations going. That one-of-a-kind headband you bought at the thrift store carries a story to tell, so when you are stuck in a bind for conversation use your outfit to break the ice! 

Jennifer Jackson, sophomore, rocks a classic 80s workout approach to the flashback theme complete with a bright pink headband and leg warmers. Alyssa Woods, freshman, goes more for the Madonna-inspired 80s look with black lace tights and Converse. 

Fully committing to any theme is the key to a confident outfit. The more into a theme you get the more confident you will feel when you arrive, so no matter what you decide to wear don’t just do it, do it right! Grab a friend and make a quick run to the thrift store to find a key piece that will make you stand out. Most of the time with just one stellar item, you can dress up other clothes you already have in your closet! 

Alexis Garza, sophomore, and Alyssa Guerrero, junior, both use statement scrunchies to complete their 80s looks! 

This spring break, no matter the party you’re headed to, commit to dressing up to the theme. Not only will you feel good, but you will get a lot of memories and cute photos along the way!  

Kellie Galentine is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at La Verne and is one of the founders of her campus' chapter. Kellie is also a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority.