Top 5 Picks of the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Hi collegiettes, Kellie here! Hopefully the decline of the semester is finding you well and you are all staying on top of those final projects and papers. This week, it truly is the little things that are getting me through each day and I wanted to share my favorites with you! 

This week’s Top 5 Picks include some footwear and one Netflix movie I can’t get enough of. Here it goes:

1. Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar $7

The sweet coconut smell of this body butter has me moisturizing day and night. I love the way this blend of coconut and vanilla has a sweet smell that sticks around all day. In the fall, my nose is easily irritated so I avoid strong scents, but with this body butter there is no need for body spray or perfume. Plus, an extra bonus: it is 100 percent vegan! I purchased the big tube at Target for $14.99, but it is also available online.

2. “Anything Could Happen” by Ellie Goulding

This song has become my anthem this week during moments of stress. Like I’ve blogged about before, senior year has been giving me anxiety and worry over the future. When my brain starts overloading on internship applications and resumes, I blast “Anything Could Happen,” and remember that indeed—anything can happen, why stress?

3. Madden Girl Domain Wedge Bootie $49.95 at DSW

DSW is one of those rare stores where I always seem to snag shoes that are actually functional and comfortable at low prices. These Madden Girl booties caught my eye on Monday and are just in time for payday! I love the fall-feeling color of these booties and can’t wait to wear them with cuffed jeans, dresses and tights, or even some leggings and a tunic. They look perfect for making the transition from internship to school because of the wedge rather than a heel. Based on reviews it looks like they will withstand a long day, but only time will tell. I’ll keep you posted!

4. “Frances Ha” on Netflix

“Frances Ha,” a 2012 film directed by Noah Baumbach, stars Greta Gerwig and follows her character Frances as she navigates adulthood in New York City. This film is a Netflix must-watch in my opinion. From Frances’ excitement at receiving her tax return to her dismay at wandering Paris alone this film is packed with relatable moments. Next time you need a study break, grab your laptop and watch this French new wave inspired film. Frances’ relentlessness to give up her dream of being a dancer will have you refreshed and motivated in no time.

5.  Reactions to Hollaback!’s viral cat call video (Especially this one!)

By now, most of you have probably seen or heard about the 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman. What I am obsessed with this week is the discussion on the cat call video hosted by CNN’s Fredericka with Amanda Seales and Steven Santagati. Watching Seales shut down Santagati’s arguments is definitely one of the highlights of my week. Despite the opinions surrounding the issue, I am thrilled to see such great conversations about street harassment in the news.

Hope this week’s Top 5 Picks brought a smile to your face! 

Kellie Galentine can be reached at kelliegalentine@hercampus.com or on Twitter @kellie_gal

Kellie Galentine is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at La Verne and is one of the founders of her campus' chapter. Kellie is also a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority.