This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN IT IS OFFICIALLY SUMMER BREAK!

Whether you plan to hit the beach, hit the road, or hit your bed,  (lets be honest that’s what I am ready for) here are some of the songs you will WANT to be jammin out to!

1.     This is What You Came Here For- Calvin Harris Feat. Rihanna

First Calvin Harris and Rihanna graced us with “We Found Love” and now they are killing it again just in time for summer with this catchy song! While it came out in April, it’s still going strong on the radio and in our hearts!

2.     Close- Nick Jonas Feat. Tove Lo

Catchy and super sexy, who wouldn’t want to listen to this song?? ( I mean his voice is as smooth as caramel and who doesn’t want CARAMEL BUT FOR THE EARS?)

3.     Champagne Problems-Nick Jonas

All right now I haven’t heard this around the radio yet, but mark my words it will be! Super catchy beat and again its Nick’s voice soooo…

4.     Cheap Thrills- Sia

I can relate to Sia here… I mean I don’t have many dollars to spend on fun either, so why not have fun for FREE when listening to this song at the beach with your girls?

5.     One Dance- Drake

Quoting the wise words of TeenVogue “This song is 40% less corny than ‘Hotline Bling’ but no less addictive”. And we all know how many times that song got into our heads!   

Start adding these songs to your Spotify Summer Playlist, you wont be sorry! And don’t forget to relax and have an amazing summer!

Taylor is a psychology major (and a One Direction enthusiast) attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. When she isn't studying, you can find her reading and binge-watching Peaky Blinders or The Resident.