Stephanie Mendoza Helps Clubs Reach Their Potential

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

When you are confused about filling out club paperwork or are unsure about how to get your organization started, Stephanie Mendoza is your go-to girl. Not only is she an extremely helpful Club and Organization Coordinator, she is also a leader in her sorority and has hopes of joining the Peace Corps! Read more about this amazing Leo, including the advice she has to share with you! 

Name: Stephanie Mendoza 

Year in school: Senior

Major: Kinesiology

Hometown? Chino, California

Do you live on campus or commute? On Campus

Activities you are involved with at ULV:  Club & Organizations Coordinator, Iota Delta Sorority, Kinesiology Society, Orientation Week Leader

What is your favorite part about being the Club and Organization Coordinator for ULV? 

I love helping new clubs get their foot in the door and establish themselves at ULV. I also enjoy coordinating club fairs and viewing everyone’s creativity!

What kinds of duties go into this job?

I plan and execute events such as the club fairs and President’s Roundtable, advise new and current clubs, communicate regularly with organizations and Greek Life, and provide information sessions for ULV club recognition and the ASULV funding process.

Where is your favorite spot on campus?

I love the terrace on the third floor of the Campus Center. It’s always peaceful and offers beautiful views of our campus.

Favorite place to eat in the area, besides DP of course:

Bowl of Heaven ♥

Who is your biggest inspiration?

My dad. He’s an incredibly hard worker, but acts like a kid and always looks at the positive side of life. He always encourages me to do my best and is willing to support me in any way that he can. He inspires me to pursue my goals everyday.

What do you want to do after you graduate?

I want to continue my education in either sport or school psychology and work with children. I also have plans to travel, and even join the Peace Corps.

Best advice for fellow Leos?

Accept challenge and change. You never know what you might discover about yourself when you’re outside of your comfort zone. Most of the time, you’ll like it!

Know any amazing ULV students? Nominate the next campus celebrity in the comments below!

Reach Kellie at kelliegalentine@hercampus.com or follow her on Twitter @kellie_gal!

Kellie Galentine is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at La Verne and is one of the founders of her campus' chapter. Kellie is also a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority.