Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Movie Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Rogue One is the story of Star Wars that sets up Episode 4, the very first Star Wars movie ever made. Garreth Edwards, director of Godzilla, creates a visual spectacle with a gripping narrative with high stakes and emotion. While the Force Awakens was a fantastic re-introduction the Star Wars Universe, Rogue is a more complete and compelling movie. 

Positives:

Felicity Jones as Jynn Erso :

Felicity Jones plays Jynn Erso, the protagonist of the film. Jones has the perfect balance of insecurity, fear, and bravery as any Star Wars character. Her ability to carry herself in scenes of dramatic emphasis and scenes of action are impressive.

The Supporting Characters:

The cast of different heroes is one of the film’s main strengths. Their chemistry, although formed very quickly in a fast narrative are genuine and fun in the way that the original trilogy had comraderies like Han Solo and Chewbacca. The characters are diverse and interesting and give impact to the story and the stakes within the universe. 

War Sequences: 

It wasn’t snce A New Hope that we’ve gotten a Star Wars film that actually focused on war. But Garreth Edwards adds layers of grtty war and lays out the politics and darkness of the rebels and the empire. The sequences of action are spectacular and brutal, and every death is felt and feels real. 

The Emotional Stakes: 

Rogue One knows when to craft sequences of emotional caliber. You care about these characters and you know the outcome of their mission if familar with the star wars universe. It’s uplifting as it is sad yet hopeful. 

The Darth Vader Scences: 

It can’t be discussed without spoilers but there’s a reason Darth Vader is the biggest badness in the galaxy. His scenes are gripping and terrifying. 

Final Grade of the movie is an A

I love reading, writing and especially watching films :) Movies and writing about them inspire to dream beyond reality :)
Here to report everyday news and make it interesting. Spicing up a twist on my daily sass to put some flavor in my articles. Enjoy your read. Arcadia High School Graduate University of La Verne Attendee   Check me out!  Instagram: gowiththeflo_ra See what I like to blog? floraawong.tumblr.com Personal questions? Email me: floraw1997@gmail.com