This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Looking at the hero image, one may assume that Hulu’s new series, The Act, will be filled with happiness and joy between mother and daughter. Although it may seem that way, The Act will reveal the saddening true story of Gypsy Rose and her mother Dee Dee Blanchard. Coming March 20, 2019, Hulu will reveal the tragic horrors Gypsy Rose has gone through. 

(image from Rolling Stone)

With The Act coming out in a few days, you may want a little more background information before watching the series. I strongly recommend watching Mommy Dead and Dearest, which is about an hour and a half long documentary that will explain the troubles of Gypsy. You can watch it for free on Youtube. -> https://youtu.be/wM51NteUeFo 

Not wanting to spill too much on Gypsy Rose, I recommend following her story if you are into mystery and thriller. Gypsy and her mother’s story is very saddening and I believe recognizing their story will make an awareness on the mental illness Dee Dee Blanchard had. With that being said, I do recommend that we all check out The Act when it comes to Hulu as a means of spreading awareness to their story and how it can impact the lives of many.