Punctual People Problems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

You’re the one who’s always early, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But here are a few inevitable problems that all punctual people face:

You’re that one friend who sends the “On my way!” text an hour before you’re supposed to meet with others for lunch…even if it takes only 10 minutes to get there

You’re also the one who sends the “Already here lol” text

You have to hide your frustration for the rest of the night when the person you’re supposed to meet up with shows up late 

Having to lie when someone asks you, “Were you waiting long?”

Your blood pressure goes up when the person who’s supposed to pick you up is late

The day you are late is the worst day of your life

Your friends start ragging on you when you show up on time or a minute late to a function

Even when you purposely try to be late, you’re early anyway

You’ve spent many hours sitting in your car waiting for everyone else to arrive

You start panicking when you see a minor traffic jam on the freeway and you’ve already got your boss’ number on speed dial, ready to tell them that you’re going to be late

Either way, you know a lot of people wish they could be as punctual as you! So keep setting those alarms early — being early isn’t a bad habit to have at all!

(All GIFs courtesy of giphy.com)

Kristina Bugante is the Campus Correspondent for HC La Verne. She is currently finishing her final year at the University of La Verne and will receive a B.A. in journalism in the spring of 2016. In addition to Her Campus, Kristina is a staff photographer for her school's publications and a news intern for a Los Angeles television news station. When she's not living and breathing journalism, Kristina likes funny Vines, food, catching up on her YouTube subscriptions and singing quietly to herself in her car.