Power Rangers and Life (2017) Movie Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Power Rangers is a fun, nostalgic campy time that actually smartly spends time developing our five diverse heroes with real human issues. The character arcs are earned and despite having many elements of cheesiness, this is derived from a show that was based for selling toys and to be able to take that property and turn it into a harmless, entertaining picture is certainly hard to do these days. The downpoint of Power Rangers surprisingly is its non-stop 3rd act that comes out of left field. While entertaining, it doesn’t hold up to the very strong acts before it that took the time to flesh out the characters. Once things start blowing up, it becomes sort of a different movie, unable to properly switch gears and tone. But overall, Power Rangers is fun.

Grade : B

Life is the surprise film of 2017. With not too stellar marketing and a premise that is eerily similar to Alien, Life manages to thrill and surprise its audiences by raising the stakes and creating a pseudo-pschological and isolated world in which the film is more than just about survival. It’s about the choices made during situations that involve life or death and how those consequences are a direct result of curiousity of the unknown. Daniel Espinosa crafts what should be a cult hit over the years.

Grade: A-

\\\

I love reading, writing and especially watching films :) Movies and writing about them inspire to dream beyond reality :)
Here to report everyday news and make it interesting. Spicing up a twist on my daily sass to put some flavor in my articles. Enjoy your read. Arcadia High School Graduate University of La Verne Attendee   Check me out!  Instagram: gowiththeflo_ra See what I like to blog? floraawong.tumblr.com Personal questions? Email me: floraw1997@gmail.com