Oscar Predictions : Best Picture

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

The 89th annual Academy Awards are nearly here! A tradition and celebration of the best feature films and performances of the year! 2016 in particular had films resonating with reality, dreams, and grief. And with the nominations out this year generated by buzz and possible politics as a reflection upon our reality today, it’s a tough ballot to call who will take home the Golden Statue this year! But if you have an oscar pool, be sure to check out and keep an eye on this major category on Oscar Night!

Best Picture Nominations:

Arrival

Fences

Hacksaw Ridge

Hell or Highwater

Hidden Figures

La La Land

Lion

Manchester by the Sea

Moonlight

Should Win : Moonlight

In a year of transcendent and bold films dealing with a beavy of human emotion, tragedy, and overcoming the odds, Moonlight is a film that takes all of these qualities and creates a story of a lifetime. A story of a young black man from Miami who was persecuted by bullies for his sexuality, who was abused mentally and neglected by his drug-addicted mother, and grew up to become the image of what society turned him into instead of the person who truly wanted to express and be. It’s a fast moving, emotionally grounding, and masterful film that will stay with its viewer for a lifetime.

Will Win :  La La Land

La La Land is a musical extravaganza that lofts into the heart of viewers with its romance and vibrancy. It’s a deserving film that lifts the humn spirit and dares dreamers to dream and to give their dreams every shot that is worth taking. Damien Chazelle directs this film with passion and its delicate homages to Old Hollywood and its fresh take on the movie musical is an experience to be had. Expect this film to go big on Oscar night, just like it did when it released.

I love reading, writing and especially watching films :) Movies and writing about them inspire to dream beyond reality :)
Here to report everyday news and make it interesting. Spicing up a twist on my daily sass to put some flavor in my articles. Enjoy your read. Arcadia High School Graduate University of La Verne Attendee   Check me out!  Instagram: gowiththeflo_ra See what I like to blog? floraawong.tumblr.com Personal questions? Email me: floraw1997@gmail.com