This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Pronounced [PAWL-ina] Var-tman

In 2016 I began my college career at the University of La Verne. There I enrolled as a Communications major with the intentions of becoming a Lobbyist.  Like most freshman I was enrolled in 100 level classes one of which was introduction to journalism. I fell in love with journalism and immediately changed my minor concentration to broadcast journalism.

Since then, I began a passionate journalism career with the intentions of one day becoming a serious broadcast reporter.

In 2018, I was a staff writer for the Campus Times where I dominantly wrote pieces on student life and lifestyle. The staff was acclaimed for its accuracy and good journalism and was awarded an SPJ award for small colleges. I’ve worked on film production sets for sports and theatrical events between 2016-2018, and in 2018 I was awarded the departments Best Experimental Production.

Now, as I begin my journey as a Her Campus staff writer, I am excited to write with more freedom on a variety of topics including political issues, fitness and health.

When I’m not writing, I enjoy spending time at my home in Dana Point, CA where I can often be found near the ocean. I love surfing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and hiking with my dog Skip.

I’m passionate about domestic animal rights, current events, film noir and Italian food. Last year, I studied abroad in Italy where I earned my art history credit, ate wonderful food and reconnected with my family that resided there.

Read more about my adventures on Her Campus La Verne and follow my social media accounts @paulina_wartman

Paulina Wartman [paul-ina] [VAR-tman] is a junior broadcast journalism major at the University of La Verne. With hopes of one day becoming a reporter, she has been a part of the campus newspaper production and awarded for her directorial work in student films by the University Department.