This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Hey everybody! I’m Mariah and I will be writing for Her Campus La Verne! So first off, let me tell you a little about myself. I am 21 years old, a junior psychology major, and I am Italian (Sicilian) -American. I love anything regarding makeup, relationships/dating, fashion, art, and animals. I was thinking about titling my blog, “Wake up and smell the roses,” what do ya’ll think about the name? I have been single for the past few months, so I was thinking about writing about my experiences with dating in college and dealing with a breakup. I am also trying to audition for the show The Bachelor so I really look forward to telling you guys about the process. Let me know what you think! 

Now that I have that out of the way, brace yourselves, because I am going to tell you a little bit about my life. 

I am super close with my family! My mom was a single-mother and she is my biggest supporter and best friend. I also have 3 half-sisters that are over 20 years older than me… that’s right: my sisters are old enough to be my parents. Soo basically I have a super weird family dynamic. I have a bunch of nieces and nephews, but what’s really interesting, is that my niece is my age. You may also notice that my family is mixed! There is Filipino, Japanese, African American, and English in my family. All in all, my family is a crazy, mixed, beautiful mess.

Here’s me as a baby and my sisters!

My step-sister!

My niece and I! My mom and my super cool step-dad! 

Now I need to introduce you guys to the rest of my family: my animals! I am a massive animal lover– I have 5 dogs, a cat, and a ton of goldfish! I consider my animals to be my children, but if I am 100% honest, I have favorites… Although they’ll never know that ;) 

My cat, Vinny, is the best (and my favorite). He genuinely thinks that he is a dog. He used to sleep with me every night, but now he doesn’t because he feels betrayed that I moved out. 

My two little doggies– Poppy and Daisy! 

My problem child, Baby! 

Last but not least, my big puppies! 

This is Lily!

And this is Joey!

Aren’t they super cute?

I just want to finish this post off with saying that I look forward to writing this blog! I hope that I can guide you guys with my crazy college journey. 

XOXO.

Gossip Girl

JK Mariah 

Mariah Ford

La Verne '20

Hey, I'm Mariah! I love animals, fashion, art, and makeup. I am a junior at the University of La Verne and I am a psychology major.