This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

My name is Maddie and I am a second year college student still looking for my future career! I go to the University of La Verne and despite trying out a few different majors, I have yet to find the one for me. I love animals and I volunteer at a local cat rescue near my home in Running Springs, California, and own two spoiled cats of my own. Someday I hope to foster rescue animals and maybe train therapy dogs.

I’ve got two step brothers and two sisters, and I’m the middle child out of all of them. I grew up in Redlands, California and visit my family there all the time. I recently joined the Her Campus club in the hopes that it would revive my old love of freelance writing- I actually thought I was going to be a writer when I was younger because I loved creative writing.

I spend most of my free time hanging out with my amazing boyfriend, my friends, and my family. I’m a huge sweet tooth and am always looking for cool new dessert places to try, and if I let myself I could probably blow my entire paycheck on just food. Sometimes I feel like a contradiction of a girl because I love going on hikes, bike rides, and fun adventures, but I’m the biggest homebody I know and would almost always rather be wrapped under blankets watching Grey’s Anatomy or F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

I’m a resident at the University of La Verne and share a suite with my bright and beautiful roommates whom I have grown very close to the past semesters living with them. I chose this school because of the beautiful campus, the small town feel, and the fact that my sister attends the same school and loves it. Also because it felt a lot like home but it was also far enough that I could meet new people and have the full college experience. Although I am still piecing together the different aspects of my life to build a bright future for myself, my ambitions and the people I love are helping me enjoy the road there.

Hi everyone! I am a second year student at the University of La Verne who is still searching to find my passion. Outside of school and work anyone can tell you I am obsessed with dogs (even though I don't own one, R.I.P), desserts of all kinds, talking about shows I most likely binge watched, and finding cool adventures. 
Much like the Disney character, I don't let society define who I am & I always do what I think is right. Communications/Public Relations major, Class of 2019 at the University of La Verne. I aspire to learn from the best to better serve the world we live in by creating clear messages for the public.