This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Hola beautiful people reading this!

I am Carina Baca. A current freshman at the University of La Verne. I am majoring in psychology with a tentative major in photography or creative writing. I am looking forward to volunteering and staying active on campus through clubs and organizations. Thus, I am extremely excited to become part of this great group of individuals at Her Campus!

A little about my personal life, I was born and raised in Oregon. It is one of the most beautiful places on Earth, totally biased though. I was raised in a small town, sort of like the town in Footloose. I am Latina, and super proud! I speak and write Spanish and English, and many more languages to come. I love everything about my culture, especially cooking and the music! I have one older sister, a twin sister, and a younger sister. We are a very tight-knit family, and enjoy going hiking, beach trips, and honestly, spilling our thoughts over a hot cup of Chocolate Abuelita.

Some hobbies of mine include running, swimming, photography, sightseeing, indoor plants, and drinking coffee. Throughout my four years in high school, I was part of the cross country, swimming, and track and field teams. I no longer am competing as a college student, but I still run and swim for fun. A passion of mine is photography. It is one of my favorite methods of expression and communication. I enjoy taking portraits (coffee mugs included). Strolls downtown in any town are a must. Indoor plants have taken over my dorm and my wallet, if I’m being completely honest. As well as coffee. I can not say no to cold brews, chai, or my new favorite kombucha at Cactus Coffee.

I don’t have a favorite music genre. I have different phases of all sorts of music: r&b, folk rock, indie rock, indie pop, acoustics, instrumental (best for studying), bachata, cumbia, pop, and anything you can think of, really. Some of my current favorites are Yellow Days, RY X, Bon Iver, Bobby Pulido, Blanco White, Goth Babe, Selena Quintanilla, and Mac Miller. Honestly, I enjoy all sorts of music, I just wish I could sing, and not the type we all do in the shower, but that will do for me for know, no shame.

Netflix has also been a great support system for me. Who doesn’t enjoy a little binge watch once in a while? Some of my all time favorite shows and movies are New Girl, Cable Girls, 100 Metros, On My Block, Jane the Virgin, The Fosters, and This Is Us. I highly recommend all of them!

I’m just a girl trying to make a difference in the world one sesame seed at a time.

I hope you learned a little bit more about me! Thanks for stopping by, and feel free to reach out anytime. :)

Con amor,

Carina

Carina Baca

La Verne '22

my bio