The L.A. County Fair in 3 Pictures

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

A cool thing about the University of La Verne is we’re literally right across the street from the L.A. County Fair. So beat those new-schoolyear-blues and head on over to the Fairplex for some good, old-fashioned fun! ULV students got free admission on Thursday, Sept. 10. (Here’s a tip for future reference: Admission may be free for you that day, but parking is still expensive! So bring as many friends you can fit into the biggest car you can get and split the cost on parking.)

What’s a fair without fried food? Need we say more? Here’s a classic: fried oreos.

Get up close with the animals at the petting zoo! You can also feed them for a small fee.

The L.A. County Fair runs through Sept. 27 at the Fairplex in Pomona. 

Kristina Bugante is the Campus Correspondent for HC La Verne. She is currently finishing her final year at the University of La Verne and will receive a B.A. in journalism in the spring of 2016. In addition to Her Campus, Kristina is a staff photographer for her school's publications and a news intern for a Los Angeles television news station. When she's not living and breathing journalism, Kristina likes funny Vines, food, catching up on her YouTube subscriptions and singing quietly to herself in her car.