This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.
We all deserve a nice spa day every now and then, but sometimes going to one is just not in the budget and we are not trying to break the bank. How can we feel relaxed by doing that, right?!

Here are some tips on how to have a spa day at home that keeps your bank account happy and leaves you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated

1. Take a hot bath

* Add your favorites: A bath bomb (I get mine from Lush), bubbles, Epsom salt (very good for your muscles and to detox the body-do not ingest, I meant put it in your bath), and essential oils.

* Light some candles and play your favorite relaxing music (be very cautious with lighting candles).

2. Apply your go-to face mask

* I suggest doing this right before you moisturize, so that it has time to sit.

* My Favorites: Origins’s “Clear Improvements” charcoal mask, Lush’s “Bunny Moon” jelly mask, Shea Moisture “Peace Rose” mask & Lush’s “Mask of Magnaminty” mask.

(googleimages.com)

3. Moisturize

* Do this soon after you take your bath (it keeps the moisture in and allows for your skin to soak up all it’s awesomeness).

* Some of my Favorite Moisturizers: Bath & Body Works body creams (Sweet Pea, Happiness Aromatherapy, Focus Aromatherapy), Vaseline and Eucerin

4. Give Yourself a Mani-Pedi

* Take time to do the whole routine: file, buff, trim etc.

* Choose your favorite color and polish!

And finally, just relax! Whether that is with your favorite book or movie, take time for you! 

(googleimages.com)

Hey everyone! My name is Stephanie Joseph and I am sophomore communications/broadcast journalism major at the University of La Verne! I am also a self care blogger on the side! Feel free to click the link to check it out and subscribe if you love all things self care! https://www.steffiej.com/