This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Halloween is around the corner and still no spooky basket?

Whether if it’s for yourself or a loved one, here are a few tips on how to make the perfect and the spookiest basket!

I, as a college student, understand that money can be limited, so this list will go from AFFORDABLE to A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE!!! Enjoy!!!

1. The main part of the spooky basket is the basket itself, right?

There are many options to choose what kind of container you would want to hold your items in. Here is a short list of what kind of container you can use for your boo’s basket:

• Basket (duh)

• Halloween themed bucket

• A crate ( I know it sounds odd but they look unbelievably adorable  

2.  What kind of basket wouldn’t have candy!!! A most favored item of mine for a spooky basket is food/snacks of course!

• Chocolates

• Candies/ Gum

• Chips

• Cookies

• Drinks

You can easily cop these items at a Dollar Tree, 99 Cents Stores, Walmart and Target!

3. Halloween themed socks!!! As the Nights get colder, wearing these spooky socks will keep one warm and cozy.

Collect those spooky socks at Target for just $2!

4.  Handwritten Letter/ Note/ Photos!!!  

5. Candles  

6. Halloween Themed stuffed animals  

7. Pumpkins for pumpkin carving or pumpkin painting  

8. Board Games/ Puzzles  

9.  Halloween PJs/ Blankets/ Pillows  

10. Self-Care Products

• bath bombs

• body lotion/butters

• face masks

• shower gels

• lip scrub

• essential oils  

11. Flowers  

12. Jewelry  

13. Money/ Gift Cards

I hoped you enjoyed the list of tips on how to make a spooky basket for a loved or even for yourself! Happy Halloween and prepare for those warm, and cozy Christmas Baskets!