This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Since February 2011 Disney fanatics have connected with one another through social media to organize Dapper Day. A stylish throwback event that happens twice a year at Disney theme parks in the California, Florida, and France. The California event took place on May 1st. this year and did not disappoint.

For those of you who do not know what Dapper Day is, their website defines it as, “A day that celebrates the tradition of “stepping out in style” and is meant to showcase you at your best.”

Visiting the park on this day is like going back in time, with men in suspenders and women showing off their fabulous dresses. It’s also common for people to dress up in a chic version of their favorite Disney character.

Over the years the event has become so popular that the day has turned into a weekend event complete with 65 vendors that host a showcase inside the Disneyland Hotel. In the 30,000 square foot room you can find mustache grooming, hair styling for women, vintage fashion and clothing for both men and a photo spot.

The organizers have also developed a contract with hotels to offer cheaper rates to those who book in advance.

The Dapper Day leaders email an itinerary to those on the email list which includes a schedule of group meet up times, photograph opportunities, and more.

The park is still open to the public which creates a fun atmosphere of old and new. The next event is scheduled for the fall, so you’ll have plenty of time to get your outfit together.

To receive emails about Dapper Day click here or to visit their website, click here

Follow Gabriella on Instagram and Twitter: @BritishWannaBee

Gabriella Chikhani, Gabby to her friends and family, is the Senior Editor for the La Verne chapter of Her Campus. She has lived and studied in England and hopes to work as a journalist there someday. Gabby's favorites include: Disneyland, Lush, London, Demi Lovato, Horchata, rain boots and winged eyeliner. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @BritishWannabee