Campus Cuties: La Verne Dance Team

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

La Verne has a dance team! Did you know? If you haven’t been attending sporting events lately then you may not have. Energetic, peppy, and full of school spirit, the University of La Verne Dance Team is quickly becoming a hot commodity in the La Verne entertainment circuit.

“The Dance team was started to unite and build a close family of dancers at the school.  By performing at sporting and school events we are boosting school spirit, and building our community,” said Ashley Isacsson, ULV Dance Team president, “The ULV Dance team is a proud supporter of all athletic clubs and organizations on campus.”

The dance team has eight members, a head coach and a choreographer. This is the second year for the club, but the coach and choreographer are new and much appreciated additions.

The team from left to right: Ashley Hernandez, Shantall Segura, Ashley Isacsson, Sarah Oishi, Hayley Kurisu, Miranda Ramirez, Jasmine Owens, and Diana Ibarria. Not pictured: Coach, Sabrina Martinez; Choreographer, Jolene Rojas.

Watching the team practice you can tell they are more than a team; they are also friends. “The best thing about being on the dance team is getting to participate in school events while performing with girls that I have fun and enjoy spending time with,” Hayley Kurisu, dance team member, said.

In a brightly lit Athletic Pavilion aerobics classroom, you can find the dance team practicing on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

If you love to dance and want to share your school sprit then try out for the team! Tryouts are taking place on Oct. 29. An information session will be held on Oct. 27 and a dance clinic on Oct. 28 to answer questions and help prepare for tryouts! For more information contact lavernedanceteam@gmail.com.

Support the dance team at their upcoming events:

Moonlight Madness on Thursday, October 16th

Homecoming Game on Saturday, October 25th

Men’s Soccer Game on Monday, October 27th