Campus Celebrity: Remy Easterling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Remy Easterling is the University of La Verne’s resident fashionista. She is known for slaying the campus with her colorful hairstyles, unique style, hilarious selfies and her vibrant personality. Besides being one of the most stylish girls on campus Remy is also known for her involvement on campus. She enjoys Star Wars, Jurassic Park and was once spotted hanging out with Rihanna. (Well something like that!!) Read more below to find out what it’s like to be like @Baddgalremy.

Name: Remy Easterling

Major: English

Graduation Date: May 2016

Since graduation date is approaching quickly, what are your plans after graduation? After college I am hoping to teach for a while before applying to law school.

What are you involved with on campus? I am an RA for Stu Han Wing 4, one of the co-founders of LaVouge and I am a member of Iota Delta sorority.

La Vouge is the university’s fashion blog that posts and shout out stylish kids on campus. The club was founded by Alina, Remy and Kaitlyn around 2013. The club started off as three stylish girls who noticed other people who dressed to express on campus. Now in 2016, it is still a club on campus that Remy still participates in and is looked as majority of the club member’s stylish inspiration.

How did LaVouge get started? It’s kind of funny how LaVouge got started. Three of us were just sitting in a Vista single one night and Alina (the club’s founder and first president) proposed the idea and went with it.

What are your thoughts or inspiration behind your selfies? I love taking selfies and trying new things wih fashion. I feel like people often misconstrue selfies with being conceited or self-absorbed but to me I think it’s a great way to express yourself! Honestly if you are feeling cute or want to show off your new outfit, then post it! That’s what social media is for right?

Do you have any stylish secrets or tips? I don’t really have any stylish secrets. (However, Remy does enjoy going thrifting and constantly finds the cutest stuff for the best deals.) My outfits and hairstyles are hardly ever planned out, I kind of just do things on a whim and I think that is what makes experimenting with fashion so fun. I think Randomizing clothing, accessories or even makeup is what can make a person’s style really stand out.

Because college is almost coming to an end for you, do you have any favorite college memories? I have a lot of great college memories so it’s hard to name something specific but chances are it involves friends, a dorm room and iced coffee. 

Autumn Simon is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is an aspiring publicist. She is a movie junkie and is interested in all things Disney. While she isn't in class she is multicultural chair on the Campus Activity Board, publicist of Shades of Essence, a part time Cast Member at Disneyland, a writer for La Vouge and a writer for the campus' magazine and newspaper.