Campus Celebrity: Cody Luk ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Cody in her natural habitat — you can always spot her snacking on something during class!

Name: Cody Luk

Hometown: Temple City, CA
Year: Senior 
Major/Minor: Business Administration, Concentration in International Business, Journalism Minor 
Involvement/activities on campus: Campus Times Online Editor, La Verne Magazine Editor in Chief

What’s your favorite part about being on the campus publications? My favorite parts about being on the campus publications are being aware of what’s happening on campus and helping to bring awareness on important issues.

How does it feel being the chief editor of magazine? I feel very grateful to be given this opportunity, especially because since I’m not a journalism major, I did not even expect to be able to be on staff, let alone be the editor. I’m really excited to work together with the staff this semester and the stories we will be publishing at the end of the semester.

What are you plans/hopes for the magazine? I hope we’ll publish a magazine that really shows what La Verne is about.

Favorite spot on campus? My favorite spot on campus is the newsroom in the ACB. It’s a place where I talk with friends, study, eat, and also occasionally take naps.

Who is your biggest inspiration? The past editors all inspired me to work hard and to take on leadership positions, because I saw how they enjoyed their work, and I wanted to do the same. 
Have any advice for ULV students who hope to be an editor or have a leadership role on campus in the future? For students that are hoping to take on any leadership roles on campus, I would say that instead of trying to be involved with everything, choose one or two that you can truly commit your time to, and be dedicated and put in all your efforts in everything you do.  

Catch up with Cody on Twitter @cody_luk and on Instagram @codyluk!

Kristina Bugante is the Campus Correspondent for HC La Verne. She is currently finishing her final year at the University of La Verne and will receive a B.A. in journalism in the spring of 2016. In addition to Her Campus, Kristina is a staff photographer for her school's publications and a news intern for a Los Angeles television news station. When she's not living and breathing journalism, Kristina likes funny Vines, food, catching up on her YouTube subscriptions and singing quietly to herself in her car.