This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

No matter how old you are, you never get tired of pranking someone and getting away with it. Every year, on April 1st, people come together to celebrate April Fools by pranking one another in various ways. In some cases, friends challenge one another to see who has the best April Fools prank. These pranks can range from small and easy, to tedious and absolutely hilarious. If you’re considering pranking someone, but haven’t decided on what to do, here is a quick list of some simple pranks to use.

1. April Fools lands on Easter this year, so why not do the classic prank of initiating an Easter egg hunt without actually hiding Easter eggs. See how long it takes for participants to notice there weren’t any eggs being hidden.

2. If you’re not feeling the Easter theme, try kicking it up a notch. Block a doorway with transparent food wrap, then trick a roommate, family member, or friend to run through it without them knowing it’s there.

3. Staying on the concept of food wrap, let’s move up on the intensity of the pranks. Try wrapping your friend’s car in food wrap. Once your friend comes outside to get in, it will take them quite a long time before they are finally able to get it.

4. Of course, wrapping a car in food wrap can be extensive and expensive, so save a few dollars but keep the same idea in mind. Instead, try using Post-it notes to cover up the car. This idea can actually be used to wrap more than just a car; you can wrap your roommate’s desk, bed, or mini-fridge.

5. If you’re thinking of making a mess, and get a really good laugh, try filling someone’s hairdryer with baby powder prior to them using it. After they turn it on, the powder will fly everywhere and they will be so in shock that it happened.

6. Everyone loves Oreo’s, especially the white creamy filling in the middle. A nice April Fool’s prank would be wiping away the cream filling and replacing it with white mint toothpaste. Imagine the face the other person will make as soon as they take a bite into what they thought was a deliciously stuffed Oreo.

Before we get to our final April Fool’s prank, maybe I should recognize the honorable mentions:

— Changing text replacement on a person’s iPhone so that a different message pops-up instead (i.e., “Hey” to “I’m really constipated, help”).

— Swapping something small and harmless like sugar and salt!

— Filling a pitcher with the mac and cheese powder instead of the powder to make Tang.

7. The last prank I have for you is a little harsh, but a prank is a prank. If you want to get back at someone for doing you dirty with previous pranks or from previous years, try putting laxative into something they’re gonna eat or drink. You can easily buy laxative solutions that are colorless (and more often than not, tasteless) and laugh your behind off when your friend is finally getting what they deserve: a trip to the toilet a few times.

Disclaimer: I do not recommend initiating pranks onto people who are not willing to prank back. Just as valid, if you are uncomfortable with someone pranking you, don’t even consider pranking someone else.

Hello, my name is Javier Lucatero! I'm a School Psychology, PPS masters student at the University of La Verne. Working in the educational field while building my experience for my career, I take part in Her Campus La Verne as a graduate student staff writer. My articles are random, blunt, and debatably very interesting. If you think there's something worth writing about, or feel I should address, let me know (@Javi_Lucatero) and I'll see what I can do! Thanks for reading!