This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

American sports are highlighted with infamous halftime national anthem performances. The pressure tends to bring out the good and bad in artists. 

The 42-year-old singer, Fergie, was invited to perform during the championship game on Sunday, February 18.

Unfortunately for the artist, her performance of the national anthem overshadowed the NBA All-Stars with laughs and giggles from the audience and stars like Chance the Rapper, Jimmy Kimmel, and players.  

The artist attempted to remix the national anthem into an alternate rendition that shocked the attendees and watchers across the nation. The strange halftime performance was supposed to be Jazz inspired according to the artist’s team and got the players giggling for two and a half minutes while Fergie attempted to put a spin on the national anthem. 

The performance got reactions nationwide on various social media platforms, especially twitter, where even stars could not restrain themselves from commenting on Fergie’s now-infamous performance.   

Better luck next time, Fergie.