To All The Music I’ve Loved In TATBILB

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Some say a movie’s only as great as its soundtrack, and To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before definitely had some iconic tunes playing throughout Lara Jean’s love story. Netflix has created a playlist that shows every single song that was featured in the movie, but SoundtrackStunners has created its own TATBILB playlist, and I’ve had it on repeat for like, a whole month now.

Here are some of my absolute favorites from the Netflix soundtrack, and some honorable mentions from the SoundtrackStunners playlist.

1. I Like Me Better by Lauv

When I first heard this song in the movie (when they were driving on the ski trip), I thought, “This song is definitely going to blow up now.” And I was right. This was a fitting theme song though, because whether its Peter K liking who he is when he’s with LJ or the other way around, we do like our characters better then they’re with each other.

2. Lovers by Anna of the North

The song from THAT SCENE will forever be embedded in my memory. Every time this song pops up on shuffle, I sing it at the top of my lungs, wishing I was with Peter K at that ski resort too.

3. Human Right by The Strike

Though we only heard a short clip when Lara Jean and Lucas boogied on the dance floor, the entire song is pretty groovy and hard not to dance to.

4. Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears

Mama Covey’s favorite song makes us wanna dance through the aisles of an aesthetically pleasing cafe too.

5. Video Child by Many Voices Speak

We’ll definitely be playing this song while we moodily clean up our room and mope about our nonexistent fake relationship.

6. Style by Taylor Swift

“You got that James Dean, daydream, look in your eye,” is pretty much exactly what Lara Jean said when they were forming the contract.

7. Baby, You Make Me Crazy by Sam Smith

Peter K and Lara Jean drive each other (and us) crazy, but in a good way.

8. Into You by Ariana Grande

THEY’RE SO INTO EACH OTHER, WE CAN BARELY BREATHE.

9. breathin by Ariana Grande

When one can’t handle, the other calms them down. Except for when they both can’t even. That’s when things go downhill.

10. My My My! by Troye Sivan

Troye can’t have said it better: stop running from love! @Peter K and Lara Jean

11. Overwhelming by Jon Bellion

I’m pretty sure Peter K ghostwrote this song because this is the story of his life right here.

12. Steal My Girl by One Direction

We don’t mind at all; Peter K please steal us away!

Brb, downloading both playlists on my Spotify so I can have the soundtrack for my life!

Much like the Disney character, I don't let society define who I am & I always do what I think is right. Communications/Public Relations major, Class of 2019 at the University of La Verne. I aspire to learn from the best to better serve the world we live in by creating clear messages for the public.