Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

5 Unconventional Ways to Bring In Money

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.
Sell Your Clothes

It is super easy to sell your clothes using Poshmark! I have done it many times and the company makes the process very easy. You can also sell your clothes to consignment shops. Don’t forget to ask family and friends if they have any clothes they want to get rid of too!

Be a Delivery Driver

In this age of busy work days and everyone wearing many hats, delivery service companies are popping up left and right. Consider becoming a food delivery driver for companies such as UberEats, Postmates, and GrubHub. Instacart is a cool grocery delivery service that you can look into for employment as well. Every company pays differently, fees differently, and has busier areas. Do your research and see what works for you:)

Tutoring

If you have a subject that you’re very experienced in, consider becoming a tutor! Helping students study or get through confusions even twice a week can really add up depending on your pay rate.

Cook or Clean for Friends and Family

If you’re like me, you may enjoy organization and tidiness. It’s a very unique idea to meal prep for family members, especially if you love cooking. You could also deep clean houses or rooms for those who don’t have the time or interest. For many people, it’s more efficient for them to pay someone to clean their home so they can spend their time where it is more important. Perhap, people will want their closets and drawers organized!

Manage Someone’s Social Media

This one does require some experience. If you know anyone with a decent following, reach out and ask if they want help growing thier social media. You can comment on people’s posts to attract them to your client’s page, you can transfer posts from Instagram to Facebook and Pinterest for the clients, and so on. 

The days of lawnmowing and babysitting are being trumped by the internet age! Hopefully these interesting methods to make money inspired you and you will soon be wealthier!

I have been vegetarian/pescatarian for over 3 years. I am an aspiring yoga instructor and make acai bowls at work on my days off of school:)