4 Awesome Lady YouTubers You Should Be Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

School’s just begun, and the last thing you’ll probably want to be doing is binge watching YouTube videos when you should be focusing on your school work. But just in case you feel like taking a break, here are FOUR awesome female YouTubers every collegiette needs to add to their queue!

Chescaleigh (Franchesca Ramsey) — personal channel & MTV decoded episodes

Franchesca Ramsey is an actress, vlogger, comedian, graphic designer — need we say more? Not only is she multi-talented, but she puts those talents into good use by educating her audience on social issues such as race and feminism. Alongside her personal channel (linked above), she also hosts episodes of MTV Decoded, where she delves into topics surrounding race and presents them in a way that’s easy to understand, but is ultimately aimed to educate. Watch her parody Inside Out in the video above!

Just Between Us (Gaby Dunn & Allison Raskin)

You probably already know Gaby and Allison from Buzzfeed, but recently the super-funny, self-described “co-dependent” BFF duo left their taste testing video days behind to work on their comedy channel fulltime — and we’re loving it so far! The pair posts originals sketches and hosts a weekly dating advice show — content that’s sure to tickle your funny bone and make you learn something at the same time! Gaby and Allison are surely opposites, but they’re definitely the perfectly imperfect duo who’s relatable and not afraid to let their guard down.

Laci Greenpersonal channelMTV braless

Have an embarassing question about your, well, down there that you aren’t exactly down to ask your mom about? I know I did when I was a lot younger, and now that I’m older I still have questions about topics that aren’t exactly appropriate to bring up during family dinner time. Now Laci Green, sex education activist and vlogger, makes it easy to find those answers to our questions by just a simple search through her YouTube channel! Besides covering topics on all things hoo-ha related, Laci also covers everything sex-related! She also has a gig with MTV and hosts her own webseries called MTV Braless, where she discusses gender and sexuality issues in today’s pop culture.

Marinashutup (Marina Watanabe) 

Last, but not least — Marina Watanabe is just like us — a college student, except we don’t have the super cool vlogging gig on Everyday Feminism, or sell catchy literary tees. But what’s so great about Marina is that she’s so active on social media and encourages discussions among her audience through her Tumblr. Not only that, she really shows that she’s learning and unlearning, just like everyone else who’s trying to become more socially aware. Her Feminist Fridays series “explores the social, the political and the media from a feminist and intersectional perspective” (yes, we HAD to use Marina’s own words — that tongue-twisting intro!)

Any other YouTubers we should be watching? Contact Kristina on Twitter @bugants!

Kristina Bugante is the Campus Correspondent for HC La Verne. She is currently finishing her final year at the University of La Verne and will receive a B.A. in journalism in the spring of 2016. In addition to Her Campus, Kristina is a staff photographer for her school's publications and a news intern for a Los Angeles television news station. When she's not living and breathing journalism, Kristina likes funny Vines, food, catching up on her YouTube subscriptions and singing quietly to herself in her car.