3 Huge Tips for Class Registration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Class Registration is one of the most stressful and time coordinated tasks you’ll find yourself having to do. Not only is it extremely important for guiding you to what you want to do and how it contributes to the credits you’ll need to graduate, but it also challanges you to create multiple options for yourself, should any particular course you want to take can have a waiting list or low class capacity, leading to competitive registration. In order to get the schedule that most fits what you want for this semester and the next semesters to come, here are three things you must do. 

#1: Make Multiple Schedules:

The best thing you can do to help yourself based on your registration time and status is to look up the classes your advisor recommends and see which options you have how filled each course is. If you know that the class you’re going for may be in high demand such as a G.E in sciences or a required prerequisite major class, write down and search for other courses you can take if those other classes are filled up by the time you register. Creating multiple options for your semester courses allows you to exercise your time and management, and it will let you know where you are on your college checklist for required courses. It may also allow you to find other G.E’s you can take to get out of the way. 

#2: Write Down the Course Registration Numbers of the Classes You want to take

When you finally decide which classes you want to take, write down the CRN located next to the name of your course when you search it up. When it comes to registration, there will be boxes at the bottom of a page. Those little boxes are for you to put in the CRN, therefore, this allows you to immediately register and see if you are able to get a spot in your course. 

#3: Register at your registration time!

It can’t be stressed enough! If you’re scheduled to register at 3:00, be on your computer by 2:50 and have your CRN and multiple schedules ready ! Chances are, hundreds of other students need to take the course that you also need, so it can be quite competitive if you don’t take the time to sit down and register as soon as you can. The earlier you are, and the more ready you are with your crn’s and schedules, the better chance you’ll have with getting the classes you need! Goodluck to Everyone!

I love reading, writing and especially watching films :) Movies and writing about them inspire to dream beyond reality :)
Here to report everyday news and make it interesting. Spicing up a twist on my daily sass to put some flavor in my articles. Enjoy your read. Arcadia High School Graduate University of La Verne Attendee   Check me out!  Instagram: gowiththeflo_ra See what I like to blog? floraawong.tumblr.com Personal questions? Email me: floraw1997@gmail.com