26 Signs That You Go To The University of La Verne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

1. “You go to La Verne? Where’s that?” It’s in La Verne.

2. Walks to Woody Hall, the Health Center, or to the Bonita building are the longest walks of your life. 

3. You have learned how to get really creative making meals out of Davenport’s grilled chicken.

4. You always feel extra safe knowing the police and fire department are only a walk across the street.

5. When you break up with your boyfriend, everyone in your next class expresses their condolences. 

6. You smile proudly at the billboards on the 10 and 210 freeways, because that’s your college and those aren’t embarrassing.

7. Engaging the community has become one of your personal values. 

8. Driving down D Street to real Starbucks is always more satisfying than Barb’s fake Starbucks.

9. There are an excessive amount of acronyms in your life. FLEX, SOAR, OWL, CAB, ASULV, DP… need we go on?

10. You anxiously stand in line for 30 minutes to get ASULV’s latest t-shirt. 

11. Everyone constantly asks if you have a Disneyland pass.

12. There is absolutely nowhere to find food after 9 p.m., “Hello Circle K!”

13. It’s rumored that you can have as many as seven ULV parking tickets without any REAL consequences. 

14. Walking around in the tents makes you feel like you are on an episode of the “Twilight Zone.”

15. Spending $10k for housing is totally worth it, even though your parents only live 20 minutes away from campus. 

16. You secretly wish you were a cool kid that hangs out at Coffeeberry, and then magically gets hired after spending so much time there.

17. Raise your hand if you have ever been personally victimized by the Hanawalt squirrel. 

18. Escaping for a drink at Lordsburg between classes is necessary, and responsible, since it’s only across the street from our dry campus.

19. You would rather drink the ranch from Warehouse than eat another meal at DP.

20. The library has a third floor?

21. Beating up the printer card machine is the norm.

22. You spend your weekends gettin’ turnt at the Golf House, Basketball House, Football House, Water Polo House, or other athletic team affiliated house.

23. You find out about parties at said houses on Yik Yak.

24. Seeing your friend, or the guy you sit by in Econ on La Vogue makes you feel like you know a celebrity.

25. You eat carne asada fries more than once a week.

26. Despite the orange and green, you have made little La Verne a place that you call home. 

Reach Kellie at kelliegalentine@hercampus.com or follow her on Twitter @kellie_gal!

(Gifs courtesy of giphy.com)

Kellie Galentine is a journalism major at the University of La Verne in California. She is a campus correspondent for Her Campus at La Verne and is one of the founders of her campus' chapter. Kellie is also a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority.