This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Well, we are half way through 2017 and some strange makeup trends have been popping up onto our Facebook timelines and Twitter feeds. Between too many layers of makeup, painful facemasks, freaky eyebrow designs and a new option for beauty blenders, we have a lot of things to question out there in the cyberspace. But we have a lot to appreciate too. Because if they don’t try them, who would?

Here are four beauty trends that have made me scratch my head, and laugh for days.

1. 100 Layers of Makeup: My main question is, why? First of all, makeup is super expensive, and if I had that extra cash lying around, you better believe I’d be buying some extravagent food. Check out the video of this girl applying 100 layers of foundation. 

2. Feathered eyebrows: Weren’t we all just obessed with “eyebrows on fleek”? This confuses me on so many levels. But if you love it, more power to you! It is basically adding a part to your eyebrows, and I think would make for a pretty good unicorn costume. Want to see how it’s done? Check out this tutorial.

3. Painful face masks: BEAUTY IS PAIN! Right? Well, the videos are pretty hilarilous, but imagining myself pulling that off makes me cringe. They may be pretty good for your skin, but I hope your pain tolerance is high. I could watch these videos for hours, but here is my favorite.

4. An alternative beauty blender: I’m not sure how to appropriately explain this one. But I definitely saved the strangest for last. I’ll leave it up to the video to shock you, but as a fair warning, it involves a woman using her boyfriend’s normally hidden body parts as a beauty blender. Innapropriate for some ages, but absolutely hilarious! Check it out here, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Brooke is an aspiring journalist attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. She has a knack for all things adventurous and food related. When she isn't writing for Her Campus or the Campus Times you can find her taking pictures of her award-winning cat or eating various types of cheese.