You’ve heard of Resting Bitch Face or RBF, the self-diagnosed term for people who look mad all the time (And if you don’t know what RBF is, find out here.) A lot of people identify with RBF, but here’s your education on “Resting Nice Face.” Life with RNF, I would argue, is even more annoying than RBF. And here’s why.
1. You’re always asked for directions
At Disneyland. At the mall. People think you’re a map.
2. You’re always the photographer
And you wonder why strangers at Disneyland trust you with their iPhones.
3. You’re the walking coat rack
“Hold this, I’ll be right back!” -friend while you’re out
4. People assume you work there
“Do you work here?” *Not in any uniform*
5. You’re always the shoulder to cry on
Even if you’re not talented at comforting people.
6. Random strangers will tell you about their whole day
And you sit and listen as not to be rude.
7. People ask you for favors all the time
No. Just no.
8. Guys assume you’re flirting
It’s just my smile though.
9. And won’t take ‘no’ for an answer
No matter how many times you say it.
10. You’re carded everywhere
No one believes how old you are. Even with the laminated government proof.
11. No one takes you seriously
Literally, no one.
12. Especially when you’re mad
“You’re cute when you’re mad.”
13. People don’t expect you to be opinionated
Like we don’t all have them.
14. Or to cuss
It surprises everyone.
15. Or to be conniving
Not sorry about it.
16. Babies and animals follow you
Everywhere. They love you.
17. The touching
Hugs. All the time. People want to hug you, even without asking.
18. You get harassed at the mall
If they’re selling something, they’ll ask you
19. Everyone thinks they know you
No, I don’t think we’ve met.
20. Or you remind them of someone.
Thank you for letting me know I look just like your niece that I’ve never met.
It’s a struggle having RNF, but we’ll get through it.