14 Valentine’s Dates You Haven’t Been On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

This V-Day weekend mix things up with our 14 date ideas that are sure to be fun for you and yours! 

1.     Go for a hike

Exploring the outdoors is one of the best ways to spend some quality time with your SO. Turn off your phones and hike the Claremont Loop, or even take a drive up to Malibu for a gorgeous walk along the coast.

2.     Have a Netflix marathon

We know you have been dying to marathon that last season of Friends since the semester started. Grab your date, some popcorn and blanket. It’s sure to be a cuddle fest!

3.     Find a farmers market

The best part about going to farmer’s market is sampling all the fresh fruit, and the yummy food trucks. Plus, walking by all those flower stands he is sure to get the hint!

4.     Recreate your favorite date

If you went on a date that you both have some special memories of, then why not recreate that moment? This is sure to be a extra romantic evening.

5.     Volunteer together

Tired of the cliché flowers and chocolate? Instead of spending money on each other take some time this Saturday to give back to your community. Not only will you feel good volunteering, but it is also a great bonding experience.

6.     Cook dinner together

Even if you are not the greatest cooks, just the adventure of preparing a meal together will make for a memorable night.

7.     Go paintballing (or laser tag if that’s more your speed)

If adrenaline is what your after, then we recommend having a little friendly competition out on the paintball course. Laser tag or practicing at a shooting range can also be just as fun, and still provide a little competition.

8.     Ice skating

Let’s be honest, none of us are good at ice skating. We live in Southern California after all, but what’s more fun than learning something new together? Afterwards you can recoup together with a Netflix marathon!

9.     Take a trip to the snow

Vday is in a three-day weekend this year! Take a trip to Big Bear, or Tahoe if you really want to get away. Ski, snowboard, sled or sit by the fire with some hot cocoa.

10. Go on a helicopter tour

Take a helicopter tour of Los Angeles. There is no better way to see the city than that! You see the beach, the Hollywood sign and other landmarks. 

11. Camping

Get away from the bright city lights, and sleep under the stars. If a night getaway is too much then visit the planetarium!

12. Attend a concert

Check out the websites of  local venues. There are often musical performances happening all over the place – maybe even at your favorite bar!

13. Plan a group date with friends

One-on-one dates are always nice, but mix it up with a group date! Invite friends and their SO that you don’t usually hang out with and maybe you will make some new friends too.

14. Watch the sunrise/sunset

We have all seen a million sunset pictures on Instagram. This weekend go and experience one for yourself. Check the weather report for sunrise and sunset times in your area, or drive to the coast or mountains for an even more spectacular view.

We hope this list gave you some helpful inspiration to make quality time with your boo.  Happy Valentine’s Day!

HCxo,Her Campus La Verne