10 Inspirational Women We Can All Learn From

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

This list is based on quotes by inspirational women to help inspire us all to take action and work hard to achieve our goals!

1. Margaret Thatcher

“If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.” 

2. Rosa Parks

“I knew someone had to take the first step and I made up my mind not to move.” 

3. Michelle Obama

“There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made.” 

4. Amelia Earhart

“Please know that I am aware of the hazards. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others.” 

5. Frida Kahlo

“I was a child who went about in a world of colors… My friends, my companions, became women slowly; I became old in instants.”

6. Florence Nighingale

“I think one’s feelings waste themselves in words; they ought all to be distilled into actions which bring results.”

7. Marie Curie

“Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.”

8. J.K Rowling

“It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.” – (1965)

9. Helena Rubinstein

“Hard work keeps the wrinkles out of the mind and spirit.” – Helena Rubinstein (1870-1965)

10. Georgia O’Keeffe

“The days you spend being productive are the best days.”