Prepare Your Heart for New Netflix Series, “Dogs”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Salle chapter.

Puppies, doggos, and good boys (and girls) galore are all coming to Netflix on November 16th when the new documentary series titled “Dogs” is released.  Once again, the geniuses at Netflix know exactly what their subscribers want to see. The one-word title will undoubtedly draw in countless viewers, as few people can resist the animals that are simply too pure for this world.

As collegiettes, we know that dogs are rare on campus and seeing or petting one is an even more spectacular event than usual.  A dog-sighting is always reason to text your groupchat.

Many collegiettes, including myself, leave their family dogs at home while they live on campus and have to deal with the separation anxiety that comes with this.  Personally, I cope by having my siblings send me pictures of my dog frequently and put him on FaceTime when I call… Bailey doesn’t quite understand FaceTime yet, but we’re working on it.

Luckily, you will be able to get your puppy fix soon enough by watching the “dogumentary” Netflix is proudly presenting.  The description of the show says it will tell “six stories of unconditional love between humans and their best friends.”

The sneak peek implies that the series will delve deeper than just praising dogs for their cuteness, and explore what they are capable of past sitting, staying, and rolling over.  Zeus the Husky is the first thing we see, FaceTiming his owner (more than my dog can do) and better yet, singing on command. Next, a Labrador Retriever owner says in Italian that his dog, Ice, is “the heartbeat of [his] family.”  Puppies training to be service dogs for children with disabilities, Ice sitting in a chair at the family dinner table, and a montage of all kinds of other dogs follow. A woman says, “I can’t imagine my life without dogs,” to end the impactful and adorable preview.

Watch the trailer, here, just don’t be surprised if you tear up a little.

Yes, Netflix has recently given us Jacob Elordi (Noah Flynn) in “The Kissing Booth” and Noah Centineo (Peter Kavinsky) in “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” but nothing, absolutely nothing, beats Ice the Italian Lab Retriever.  Forget cuffing season; this fall, it’s “Dogs” season. Stream it on November 16th! Thank you Netflix.

Sincerely,

A collegiette who misses her pupper

Meghan Romano

La Salle '22

Meghan is a freshman Communication Sciences and Disorders major who is slowly learning how to dress herself after wearing a uniform to school all her life and adjusting to separation from her dog, Bailey. She is passionate about the color pink, an avocado enthusiast, and would rather be on the beach with a book. She writes because she is inspired by Malala's words: “I want every girl to know that her voice can change the world.”
Tyller Moorer

La Salle '20

Tyller is a graduate student-athlete Communication: Journalism major and English minor from New Jersey. She has a passion for writing and enjoys seeing her writing touch other people.