This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Salle chapter.

When people tend to ask me, what shows am I watching on TV, I always start off with “…don’t judge me.” Aside from me obsessively watching re-runs of Greys Anatomy and the Bernie Mac Show and staying up-to-date with How to Get Away With Murder; I have an unhealthy obsession with, what some would deem, trash television. Bear with me and hear me out and maybe you’ll enjoy these shows as much as I do.

MTV is my go-to network for trash television and I know I’m at the age where I should probably stop watching it but, I just can’t. Some of my favorite trashy reality shows on this network, and don’t judge me, are Teen Mom OG and Teen Mom 2, Ex on the Beach, and my all-time favorite The Challenge. I’ve been a fan of the Teen Mom series since the spin-off of 16 & Pregnant but, if I were to tell you to watch any show, it would have to be The Challenge, I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Over Christmas Break my cousin put me on to another show that I obsessively binge watched for two months straight. Is it a trash show? Yes. Do I love it? Also, yes. That show is The Real Housewives of Atlanta on Bravo. I binged 11 seasons in two months and regret none of it. I highly recommend this show, it has brought me on an emotional rollercoaster along with all of the stars and it is nothing short of amazing. 10/10 binge-worthy and it’s on Hulu.

Lastly and most recently, I have started binging Keeping Up With the Kardashians. NOW, I can 100% say I have absolutely never been a fan of the Kardashians. Not for any reason, in particular, I just never understood the obsession or their fame. I only started watching the show after I finished Real Housewives of Atlanta and my friend recommended it. I started about two weeks ago and I’m on season 8. It is quality content, let me tell you. Also, since watching I understand the family a lot more and actually have a new-found respect for their success and work ethic.

All of the trash reality shows are quality content and I, 12/10, recommend. Honestly, before you judge you should watch them for yourselves because they have clearly been on TV for years for a good reason. Enjoy and let me know your thoughts!! 

Tyller Moorer

La Salle '20

Tyller is a graduate student-athlete Communication: Journalism major and English minor from New Jersey. She has a passion for writing and enjoys seeing her writing touch other people.
Jessica is a student athlete Communication Major at La Salle University, with concentrations in Public Relations and Communication Management. Along with being a member of the track team, she contributes as an intern and author for Double G Sports, and is a campus correspondent for Her Campus. In her career future, she hopes to work with a Public Relations team for and established sports figure or another well known organization.