This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Salle chapter.

I have acne-prone skin and finding the right makeup and skincare products that would not make me break out was a struggle. Once I found the right products there was no going back and I have loved them ever since.

Rodan and Fields

Rodan and Fields is a skincare company that has multiple regimens for many different skin types. I tried many different products to get rid of my acne and nothing worked. I tried drugstore products and products my dermatologist recommended, and nothing worked. I then came across this company, specifically their acne regimen and it is the only thing that has cleared my acne. It is on the pricier side, but I think it is worth the money.  

Buy Now

Lush Cosmetic Catastrophe Face Mask

I discovered this face mask back in middle school and it is truly one of my favorite masks. It is made with fresh ingredients the main one being blueberries, which reduces the size of pimples drastically. Using this mask 2-3 times a week really made a difference in how my skin looked and stopped me from breaking out. It does have a 2 week expiration date because it is made with fresh ingredients so make sure to use it frequently before it goes bad.

Buy in store only

Mario Badescu Rose Water Spray

This product may seem like a trendy spray that does not do much but look aesthetic, but it is one of my favorite products. I spray this on my face every morning and night after my skincare routine and it leaves a natural glow and leaves my face feeling moisturized. The facial spray comes in different scents such as cucumber, lavender, and orange blossom. I personally believe the rose one is the best for making the skin look dewy and healthy.

Buy Now

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer

This concealer changed how I do my makeup forever. It is extremely full coverage and covers just about anything you can think of. When I first tried this product, I was sure it would make me break out because it is full coverage but that was not the case. This concealer does not make me break out whatsoever. I wear this concealer every day and I have multiple shades for when I get a tan.

Buy Now

Milk Makeup Sunshine Skin Tint

This lightweight bb cream does not feel like you are wearing makeup at all. It is very light coverage, but it is buildable. This product contains SPF 30 making it the perfect skin tint to wear on a day to day basis. It is an oil-based product with sunscreen but it did not cause any breakouts which shocked me. I like to wear this on days I want to do a natural makeup look.

Buy Now

I highly recommend trying out these products especially if you have been trying to find products that do not make you break out. Obviously there are different results for different people but it does not hurt to try them out!

Lauren Washko

La Salle '23

Lauren is a freshman studying communications with a public relations track. She hopes to one day work for a social media company doing PR or marketing.
Jessica is a student athlete Communication Major at La Salle University, with concentrations in Public Relations and Communication Management. Along with being a member of the track team, she contributes as an intern and author for Double G Sports, and is a campus correspondent for Her Campus. In her career future, she hopes to work with a Public Relations team for and established sports figure or another well known organization.