Style

Fall in Love with these Fashion Must-Haves this Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Salle chapter.

With all this hot weather, it seems like fall may never arrive. I can see the leaves changing color and the sun going down early but I can’t feel the temperature going down. I think that to dress for fall one must have that perfect combination of chilly breeze and cool looking jacket. I love wearing big sweater and having the sleeves hang off my arms.  These looks require effort but once you have all the basics down, you can mix and match to your hearts content. Your clothing is an armor of confidence, you wear because you like how it looks on you, or you love the style. Many people are afraid to venture into the ‘unknown’ of fashion but do not be afraid friends! Fashion was meant to be explored! 

One of the things I really like to wear is a corduroy skirt in a monochrome color. Another staple I recommend is a long wool coat in any color and variation, as it goes a long way in transforming an outfit. One of my favorite outfits for the fall is pairing this skirt with a turtle neck long sleeve, a pair of see through tights (optional) s and a pair of black or dark brown booties. Then I would wear a long wool coat over it. For makeup, I like to keep it minimal and stick to the big three: brows, lashes, and lips. I really try to base my outfits around basic clothing items because matching and mixing really changes the outfit.

My next fall favorite is wearing a jean jacket. They are the most versatile item in your closet and they go with everything, so you can’t go wrong with pairing it to your clothes. It can make or break the outfit you choose. I’ve heard people say that jean jackets make outfits look the same but that’s really not the case. It gives you one look but take it off and your serving a whole new look. 

I love layering, so one of the things that I love to do is wearing a pair of leggings and then putting on multiple shirts and sweaters and flannels. I like to pair these kinds of outfits with either black combat boots or a pair of cool sneaker.

Ariadne Cortez

La Salle '20

I am an avid reader and writer of everything and anything. I am a major foodie, so I try to visit new restaurants whenever I get the chance. One of my favorite things to do is study different languages and learn how to speak them!
Tyller Moorer

La Salle '20

Tyller is a graduate student-athlete Communication: Journalism major and English minor from New Jersey. She has a passion for writing and enjoys seeing her writing touch other people.